10:00 am - 12:00 pm
Event Type: Online Event
The LBBC would like to thank LBBC Sponsor members – Bank ABC and BACB for generously giving their time and expertise.
Chaired by LBBC Director and former CEO of Bank ABC, Paul Jennings our panel of experts included:
- John Turnbull, Senior Banker and Trade Finance specialist, Bank ABC
- Mike Galer, Head of Trade Finance, BACB
- Assad Riyany, Head of Libyan Business, Bank ABC
- Mark Wasmuth, Associate Director, Trade Finance, BACB
The Webinar started with a presentation by John Turnbull which covered the following key principles:
– Banks deal with documents not goods
– How to avoid discrepancies
– The “autonomy principal” of Documentary Credits and regulatory compliance
– Avoiding the pitfalls
– Confirmed and unconfirmed LCs
Questions were answered by the panelists during the second hour of the event.
The event was recorded and can be accessed by this link: