12:00 am - 2:30 am
Event Type: Offline Event
House of Lords
Palace of Westminster
This week we held our annual reception for Libyan British Business Council members at the House of Lords, London.
The event, which was hosted by LBBC President, the Rt. Hon. the Lord Trefgarne PC, was a great success. It was a pleasure to see so many familiar faces there.
Eminent guests included:
– The Prime Minister’s Trade Envoy to Libya Yvonne Fovargue MP,
– The Libyan Ambassador to the UK HE Salah Mrehil, and
– Rt Hon. David Jones MP, Chair of the All Party Parliamentary Group for Libya.
We would like to take this opportunity to thank the LBBC Sponsors – BACB plc, Bank ABC and Libya Holdings Group – for their ongoing and much appreciated support of the Council and our activities.
Also we would like to thank all those from the LBBC Board, LBBC Members and friends of the Council who attended this week’s event.
We look forward to continuing our work with our members, partners and colleagues in both Libya and the UK, to promote the bilateral trade relationship.
For those unable to attend the reception in person, the speeches from the event were recorded. Please follow this link at the end of this post to watch a recording of the following:
– Lord Trefgarne welcomes all to the LBBC Reception.
– LBBC Chairman Peter Millett thanks his predecessor Sir Vincent Fean and delivers an update on the future activities of the LBBC.
– Sir Vincent speaks about his time as Chairman of the LBBC and thanks everyone involved in the Libyan British Business Council.