Post Event Summary and Recordings of Presentations and Q&A Sessions
On June 9th the LBBC, in partnership with Petroleum Economist, co-hosted the Libya Investment Forum 2021. Libya’s National Oil Corporation (NOC) Chairman, Eng. Mustafa Sanalla, spoke about the importance of foreign investment and the participation of international companies and expertise to assist the development of the Libyan Oil & Gas sector.
He outlined plans for launching new projects to advance the sector in Libya, as well as other strategic objectives including the renewal of out-of-service oil fields, and the development of renewable energy sources and technologies.
Please follow the links below to view recordings of the various presentations delivered at the event:
1. NOC Chairman Mustafa Sanalla’s Keynote Presentation and Q&A session, including welcome comments and an introduction by LBBC Chairman, Sir Vincent Fean.
2. ‘NOCs Charmed Life‘ – presentation by the NOC’s Nidal Basheer Khalef
Often called Libya’s best functioning institution, the NOC has presided over a sharp increase in oil production. How has it achieved this, and what are the prospects and obstacles ahead for the NOC to reach its new production target of 2.1 mbd by 2024?
3. ‘Libya’s Exploration Bonanza‘ – presentation by Faisl Mohamed Wafa, NOC, detailing Libya’s conventional and unconventional hydrocarbons resources. With the prospect of political stability after elections due in December this year, developing these blocks will be revisited. What are the problems and prospects. Includes examination of recently agreed BP/ENI partnership in Gulf of Sirte, Total’s buy-in at Waha, and Wintershall Dea’s status.
4. Upstream: Presentation and Panel Discussion
Salahdin Zaid Ali, NOC
The Four P’s. Libya knows where oil is, but four bottlenecks crimp output: Pumps, Power, Pipelines, Ports.
Big ticket contracts await those who can fix what is broken.
Panel discussion: Upstream Moderator: Tracy Shuchart, Manager Oil, Gas and Materials Portfolio, Family Office
Panellists: Najme Mohamed Karim, NOC Slava Kiryushin, Partner and Global Head of Energy, DWF Usman Darr, VP Engineering & Consultancy Services, Petrofac
5. Downstream: Presentation and Panel Discussion
Sami Omran Alshaafi, NOC
The NOC investment vision to 2030 in the oil processing sector, and the status of the gas sector.
Panel discussion: Downstream Moderator: Slava Kiryushin, Partner and Global Head of Energy, DWF
Panellists: Sami Omran Alshaafi, Process Engineering Specialist, Refining & Local Distribution Department, NOC
Mohamed Eljarh, co-founder, Libya Outlook for Research and Consulting
Tawfik Baroud, Libya Country Manager, Clariant
6. Education and Training Q&A with Mohamed Abolaige, General Manager, Human Resources, NOC. Includes closing remarks by Sir Vincent Fean.
Mr Sanalla commented:
“Thank you so much for your continued support and your efforts to encourage business between the National Oil Corporation and British companies and training institutions. We are proud of our strong relationship.”
For a complete summary of the Chairman’s presentation please follow this link to the NOC Libya website.
The LBBC would like to take this opportunity to thank everyone who attended the Libya Investment Forum 2021 and in particular our event sponsors and partners including:
#Libya #ليبيا #investment #oil #oilandgas #petroleum #renewableenergy